SEM & SEO Resources
Here's a small collection of some of the cool tools on the internet you can use to better market your website.
Pay Per Click
- Google Keyword Tool An external version of the Adwords Keyword tool!
- Dogpile SearchSpy Realtime websearches unfiltered. A good way to get your mind thinking like a regular person searching the web
- SEO-Browser.com See how the search engine sees your site.
- Add your URL to Google You'd be amazed how many people don't submit their websites!
- Google Analytics Track visitors to your site.
- Click-through Rate Validation Tool Use this tool to quickly learn if you can eliminate one of your Google AdWords creatives. Through the magic of statistics and relevance theory, it allows you to determine whether or not you have enough campaign history to eliminate a lower performing ad.
- Click Density is another Heat Mapping analytics supplement. We tested Click density on our site along side CrazyEgg.com, and both are good but personally I prefer CrazyEgg much more.
Social Media Web Sites
- Facebook has risen above the rest of the new Social Networking sites to become the biggest deal in the social networking space. You can visit our SMS Facebook page here
- LinkedIn is like Facebook for professional contacts.
- Twitter is an interactive chat system with a distribution network allowing users to build groups of followers.
- Digg is very popular social submission site, and it's highly addictive. It's an art form to make it on to their front page, but if you do the traffic can be server crushing.
- Reddit is another social submission site that allows you to vote up or down on a story.
- Popurls is a cool site that brings together all the top headlines from the biggest social media sites.
- del.icio.us is another one of those sites that I can't live without. It lets you bookmark websites from anywhere and then pull up your favorites online from any computer. Very cool, especially if you travel or have a few computers.
- StumbleUpon can be added as a browser tool bar, and pushing the stumble button sends you to a random website that they think you might like. It's a great way to kill some time.
- Squidoo is a site where you can build what they call lenses, which are basically a page on their site that you can modify and make it about anything you want.
- DMOZ is The Open Directory Project is the largest, most comprehensive human-edited directory of the Web. It is constructed and maintained by a vast, global community of volunteer editors.
- SoMuch SoMuch.com is an SEO-friendly, free link directory where you can find the best human edited links sorted by topic and category. Requires a Reciprocal Link which lowers the link value for SEO purposes.